Linux Systems Engineer (m/w/d)
Aicha vorm Wald,
As we are broadening the scope of the ThinHoc project, a „fully-managed-as-a-service“ hardware and software platform for modern Thin Computing, we are looking for a new team member for research, development and testing of our software platform.
Your responsibility will be the maintenance, debugging and quality control of our SUSE Linux-based ThinHoc OS as well as integration work and testing with our hardware platform. On top of that, we would like you to monitor and update our public bugtrackers and at times offer remote technical assistance in case of issues that customers, first level support or frontend developers are unable to resolve without input from an OS developer.
- Planning and implementation of complex software projects
- Maintenance and debugging of existing codebases
- Collaboration with Frontend, DevOps and Sales teams when low-level expertise is needed
- Writing of technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or alternatively some previous job experience or appropriate certifications for the skills mentioned
- General knowledge and experience in development for Linux-based operating systems or other unixoid or POSIX-compliant environments
- At least intermediate-level skills in the C or C++ programming languages, and good proficiency in Unix Shell development
- A good understanding of the working principle of advanced Package Managers such as Zypper, YUM/DNF or APT
- Skills in version control software (preferably Git)
- Good command of the English language
- (if applicable) Willingness to work in a remote setting and report on the progress in regular video conferences
Nice to have
- Existing skills with regards to distro build systems, such as SUSE’s KIWI and OBS or similar tooling like debootstrap
- German language skills
UCY Ventures Group is a mid-sized group of companies headquartered near Passau, Germany. We have a strong international presence with locations and investments in Pilsen, Czech Republic and Moscow, Russia as well as remote colleagues working with us from all over the world. Our business consists of divisions in plastics recycling, research and development in Computer Vision as well as software engineering for business environments.